Re: [csswg-drafts] Define concepts of batching and flushing of style and layout information (#5115)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 21:14:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Probably not me? I am specifically one of the people without the necessary domain knowledge that Domenic is mentioning. I know that some operations flush layout/style, but don't know the full list, anything about the timing, or any more advanced details about partial vs full layouts that dbaron is mentioning.

And the fact that I don't know any of this, despite being a long-time and prolific editor with experience cutting across the entirety of CSS, strongly supports Domenic's point that defining this in more detail *with the expectation that the detail will be applied correctly where it is needed* is probably not realistic.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5115#issuecomment-770053491 using your GitHub account