Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-4] Clarify which transfer function to use for color(rec2020 ...) (#5907)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:06:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I was discussing this with Chris Cameron from Google earlier this week. The unreferenced quote is from BT.2020-2, **Parameter values for ultra-high definition television systems for production and international programme exchange** page 5, note 4. Which seems to directly contradict the table on page 4 of the same specification. The notes is not saying what is _correct_, but rather what is _commonly done_ and _maybe good enough_.

https://www.itu.int/rec/R-REC-BT.2020-2-201510-I/en

Having checked BT.2020 I am comfortable removing the note and referencing BT.2020 directly. Which as you point out is what the sample code already does. So it is more a case of updating the spec to match the sample code and BT.2020

I will update color.js to use 0.45 per spec, too.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5907#issuecomment-769895275 using your GitHub account