Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-cascade] What is the appropriate syntax for appending to nested layers? (#5791)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 18:04:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If we did use the `/`, I'd expect it to have the same "no spaces around" restriction as period - `@layer framework/theme {}` - to properly invoke the filepath analogy.

----

But the discussion seems to have landed us on a choice between just period and space, with a mild preference in the IRC straw poll towards period. We're keeping this open for further discussion, but if nothing else comes, I guess we'll stick with the period that's currently in the spec.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5791#issuecomment-768469318 using your GitHub account