Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Specifying changes to parameters for fallback fonts (#126)

From: Jason Pamental via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 14:00:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think that the challenge with a 'single mapping' approach of an `@-rule` is that the mapping might not be universal or consistent based on usage. If you set a heading with negative letter-spacing on the intended web font, that letter-spacing value may differ for the fallback fonts from what might be specified normally. At least for the use case I outlined above, there would be too may places where a universal solution would fall short I think.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jpamental
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/126#issuecomment-764662053 using your GitHub account