[csswg-drafts] Discussion about the block cross-folding screen (#5882)

From: 染陌同学 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 06:02:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
answershuto has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== Discussion about the block cross-folding screen ==
I want to initiate a discussion about folding screen or multi-screen solution. At present, I see the following 2 solutions about folding screen.

* https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5621
* https://w3c.github.io/screen-fold/

There are currently two articles about folding screens. One is mainly an adaptive method in multi-screen scenarios, and the other mentions some APIs exposed by folding devices, which can obtain device information such as angles. But when the multi-screen scenarios adaptive layout cannot be completed well, can a CSS be used to automatically complete or retain the physical distance of an element in a multi-screen situation to ensure the rationality of the element display?

![image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/17812136/105126210-37002b00-5b19-11eb-8a28-0106684985e2.png)

As described in the above two pictures, we need a more reasonable way to adapt to the scene where a picture spans multiple screens. But when a text block spans multiple screens, we need to cut it from the middle rather than hide it.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5882 using your GitHub account