Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Yes, it would make sense to have selectable pseudo elements (#2894)

From: Brandon Elam Barker via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 20:23:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I have a particular use case where I would like pseudo elements to behave more like regular elements on the DOM, including being selectable. The use case is essentially: I have a consumable application that I'd like others to be able to use and style without getting into the nitty-gritty of building it. In principle, they would "just change HTML", however, I'm using a system that dynamically generates HTML with which few people may be familiar, and giving them some control over the style and descriptions on the page via CSS is desirable.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bbarker
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2894#issuecomment-763109431 using your GitHub account