Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries] Account for minimum font size in relative length media queries (#5858)

From: leefloyd via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 17:07:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
With typical browser defaults, this box would be 100px wide.
If I change my default font size to 24px, the box will be 150px wide.
If I leave my default font size at 16px but change my minimum font size to 24px, the box will remain 100px wide. Thus, text content inside the box will be enlarged but the box will remain the same size. Media queries cannot be used to detect/correct this scenario since they will still be relative to the 16px default font size as well.

```
  div { width: 6.25rem; height: 6.25rem; background: green }
```

--
GitHub Notification of comment by leefloyd
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5858#issuecomment-762984788 using your GitHub account