Re: [csswg-drafts] "Can't be displayed" is undefined (#5046)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 18:50:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Okay, this is now expressed as a three-stage process. First we look for a color that can be displayed (is valid, and is in-gamut for the display device). Failing that, we pick the first valid color, and gamut map that. Last resort, if all the colors are invalid, you get transparent black.

```html
        The first choice for the value of  the ''color()'' function
	is that it represents the color
	specified by the first of its arguments that
	<dfn export>can be displayed</dfn>,
	(that is, the first argument that isn't an [=invalid color=]
	and isn't [=out of gamut=]).

	If all of its arguments [=can't be displayed=]],
	second choice  for the value of the ''color()'' function
	is that it represents the color
	specified by the first of its arguments that represent
	a [=valid color=], which will then be
	<a>gamut-mapped</a> for display.

	If all of its arguments are [=invalid color=]s,
	the third choice for the value of the ''color()'' function
	is that it represents <a>opaque black</a>.
```

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5046#issuecomment-761614946 using your GitHub account