Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Ability to address actual physical size (#614)

From: Justin Golden via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 19:53:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I see little downside to adding something like mentioned above with the experimental `mozmm` unit suggested.

* It won't break any existing code
* It acknowledges and maintains all benefits of the normal `mm`, `cm`, and `in` units, and for people not even aware of the existence of `mozmm` and similar, they go about programming the same
* It provides the functionality people here are suggesting, and have good reason to suggest
* Adding it has virtually no downsides in terms of: complexity, processing time, code size, etc. I really see no downsides aside from the clutter of adding another (entirely optional) unit

Just my opinion here; I understand this isn't something fundamentally necessary, but it's definitely a useful building block that we couldn't have without making this change, and there really is no reason to *not* implement it.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by justingolden21
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/614#issuecomment-757358409 using your GitHub account