Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes-2] Minor comments on shape() (#5841)

From: Noam Rosenthal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 15:04:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Per animation, if we _can_ change up the path interpolation rules, I'm all for letting lines/quadratics/cubics all interpolate together (as cubics), tho we'd have to choose where the control points are for the lines - I think they can go literally anywhere on the line without affecting anything? If so, I guess they should either both be in the middle, or maybe the first at the starting point and the second at the ending point?
>
> But I'd really like to maintain the ability for path() and shape() to interpolate together, so this would change the path() interpolation rules too.

I think both in the middle would interpolate in a more natural way with quadratic curves, staying quadratic throughout the animation, and would be easy to understand.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by noamr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5841#issuecomment-757288444 using your GitHub account