Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-highlight-api][css-contain] static ranges and css-contain (#4598)

From: Sanket Joshi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 21:30:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think we should disallow highlights that cross contained element boundaries, regardless of whether the highlight was created with a `Range` or `StaticRange`. Even though we could technically allow this for `Range`, I don't think this is an interesting scenario for web authors. It seems simpler, and more consistent, to not paint any such range.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by sanketj
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4598#issuecomment-754910746 using your GitHub account