Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-3][css-animations][css-transitions] Isolate animation side-effects? (#6398)

From: Robert Flack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 19:27:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Overall this sounds great! I'm glad that we can behavior that makes sense to developers

How are container units defined? I would have thought that they would be similar to percentages, viewport units or calc where the computed value is a calc that does not itself change when the input variables change. Unfortunately, I can see that this is not the case at least for vw from the [demo](https://output.jsbin.com/gunuvem) I put together to test this. It seems there is plenty of precedent for it starting transitions.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by flackr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6398#issuecomment-904914255 using your GitHub account