Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-easing-1] Some ideas for linear() easing (#6533)

From: Jake Archibald via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 17:55:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Placing points between "start" and "end" _is_ a percentage

Isn't the other value also a percentage by that logic? Where 0% is the start value and 100% is the end value.

We could make it like opacity where 0-1 and 0%-100% mean the same thing, and folks could use either. That means you need ordering within the pair though.

> We'd need to call this technique out explicitly in the spec as a way to get "flat" values at the start/end

I don't have a gut feeling for what "expected" behaviour is here, but if folks expect flat at the start/end maybe we should make that the default.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jakearchibald
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/6533#issuecomment-903152752 using your GitHub account