Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Proposal for light-dom scoping/namespacing with re-designed `@scope` rule (#5809)

From: DarkWiiPlayer via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 12:25:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

> If "scoped selectors should be otherwise unaware of the scope" wouldn't that mean that both divs in the example below are blue?

Personally, that's what I find intuitive in this case: the middle `.x` is a) inside the scope and b) inside an `.x`, so the rule *should* apply to it.

If you want only the inner `.x` to be matched by the rule, something like `:scope .x .x { ... }` makes more sense to me.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by DarkWiiPlayer
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5809#issuecomment-890984054 using your GitHub account