Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values-4] How to interpolate <ratio>? (#4953)

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 22:08:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> For ratios ≥ 1, this reduces to linear interpolation. So it still has the same problem: if you fix `height` and animate `aspect-ratio`, `width` will change linearly. But if you fix `width` and animate `aspect-ratio`, `height` will change hyperbolically. So its not symmetric in this sense. I think I prefer logarithmic interpolation.

But there is a symmetry:  the way it behaves when fixing `height` when the ratio is > 1 is the way it behaves when fixing `width` when the ratio is < 1, and vice-versa.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dbaron
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4953#issuecomment-713905064 using your GitHub account