Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2] content-visibility should pause css animations in subtree (#5611)

From: vmpstr via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 18:20:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
My concern with making these changes when style is flushed is the fact that events can be fired when we create an animation, thus revealing exactly when the style is flushed (via a response to script or response to user action or anything else). I think we should avoid this.

For things like resize observer, where style and layout changes are observed by events, we specifically say that these events do not happen in a hidden subtree. We either would have to say the same thing for the animations, or not update them on forced styles. The latter would also mean that getAnimations would not get the animations that were deferred because of content-visibility.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by vmpstr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5611#issuecomment-712357745 using your GitHub account