Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-position] ‘Sticky’ behavior is too limited as position scheme created from the elements nearest block level ancestor & margins (#2496)

From: Johannes Odland via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 10:02:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Sticky positioning is great, but the current definition is limiting.
We 'need' absolute positioned elements to be sticky all the time.

A workaround we use is to put the element first in its containing block, position it and then use a negative margin to negate the height of the element.

An example can be found here: https://codepen.io/johannesodland/pen/PoZrOMg

--
GitHub Notification of comment by johannesodland
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2496#issuecomment-709951740 using your GitHub account