Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Add explanatory text about tradeoffs on blocking local fonts, particularly wrt i18n considerations (#5625)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 17:16:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> It's a user agent's choice whether or not they want to allow users to opt-in to bad privacy.

It's our job to design tech that supports all languages worldwide, and it shouldn't be conformant to make it practically impossible for a normal user to read minority-language pages on their computer.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/5625#issuecomment-709469777 using your GitHub account