Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Add explanatory text about tradeoffs on blocking local fonts, particularly wrt i18n considerations (#5625)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 23:45:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@fantasai

> It's our job to design tech that supports all languages worldwide

It's also our job to protect our users' privacy.

You're right that there are good arguments for allowing some user-installed fonts. There are also good arguments for disallowing all of them, too. That's the point I'm trying to make - it's up to each UA to balance these competing desires.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/5625#issuecomment-709646511 using your GitHub account