Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2] content-visibility should pause css animations in subtree (#5611)

From: Chris Harrelson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 18:31:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't think that continuing (or pausing) animations while skipped is compatible with avoiding style updates for the subtree. Animations can start at times defined by the next update-the-rendering opportunity after modifying style, and if we're avoiding style recalc for performance reasons we can't say when that animation should have started.

I like the option (3) @flackr mentioned, because it's simple and matches what `display: none` content does.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chrishtr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5611#issuecomment-707930019 using your GitHub account