Re: [csswg-drafts] @font-face overrides for superscript/subscript metrics (#5518)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 11:43:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Apologies for not making the call yesterday, it was at 2am local time.

All four? We have [three currently](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-fonts-4/#font-metrics-override-desc) : `ascent-override`, `descent-override` and `line-gap-override`; and resolved to add two more, making five.

Currently for these three, [the spec says](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-fonts-4/#font-metrics-override-desc)

> When the descriptor value is normal, the corresponding metric value is obtained from the font file directly.

So with `normal | <percentage> | from-font` what is the definition of 'normal'? And if is is "do whatever magic you are currently doing, maybe get if from the font, maybe not" isn't that a classic case for `auto`?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5518#issuecomment-705514098 using your GitHub account