Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Should interoperability be a goal for the `accent-color` spec? (#5480)

From: Brandon Ferrua via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 14:43:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
As @gregwhitworth mentioned, and in light of the discussions going on, we (salesforce) see option B as useless. If I cannot use `accent-color` and get predictable results across UAs than I'd have a difficult time advocating for use of this property.

It seems to me that `accent-color` is trying to solve too many problems in one go. I don't know if there would be a need for `accent-color` if I had access to more of the form controls internals, similar to what `:part` or `::pseudo-elements` would offer me. I understand that isn't the immediate issue being addressed but I can't help to not think of that as another part of the problem.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by brandonferrua
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5480#issuecomment-704317710 using your GitHub account