Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2] Combination of shortcuts and values (#5506)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 06:57:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Note that currently, all implementations (Gecko and Blink at least, is there another one) reject combining the shortcut values and the other values. I think the syntax shown in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5506#issuecomment-691236909 is pretty reasonable, but that's not the one we specified or that was implemented.

It might have been a little better if we started out this way, but I don't see a whole lot of value changing at this point, and I suggest we just fix the non conforming note.

That said, if implementations are interested in changing, I don't think it's a bad idea per se, so I'm not opposed.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5506#issuecomment-704072148 using your GitHub account