[csswg-drafts] [css-transforms] Computed value of the `rotate` property (#5584)

From: Antoine Quint via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 18:10:05 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
graouts has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-transforms] Computed value of the `rotate` property ==
The spec for the computed value of the [rotate](https://www.w3.org/TR/css-transforms-2/#propdef-rotate) property reads as follows:

> the keyword none, or an \<angle\> with an optional axis consisting of a list of three \<number\>s

My understanding of this text is that the only acceptable computed values for `rotate` would be:

- `none`
- `<angle>`

That said, the text doesn't make it clear whether the "optional axis consisting of a list of three \<number\>s" should come before or after the angle.

I also find that browsers currently implementing this property (Firefox and Chrome) do not adhere to my reading of this spec. For instance, `rotate: y 45deg` yields `y 45deg` as the computed value instead of specifying the axis as three numbers.

I think we need clarification of what the computed value should be and then ensure we have the correct WPT coverage for this.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5584 using your GitHub account