Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Allow CSS grammar for path shapes (#5674)

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 03:39:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Or maybe even this:

```
clip-path: evenodd 50% 100px, hline(by 80px), vline(to var(--height)), ...;

```
...if it always needs a <from> starting point. I think I would put commas there where it separates the series of drawing instructions, but not after evenodd, which feels more like a separate value part (not one in a series of path parts).

I think <path> would be sort of special as a value type that consists of sub-values and functions (a little bit like box-shadow, which might contain a color function), rather than needing to be a function of its own. At least, I would prefer it that way and think it would be simpler and pretty intuitive to write.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5674#issuecomment-734055037 using your GitHub account