Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2] content-visibility should pause css animations in subtree (#5611)

From: Robert Flack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 00:45:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
That's an excellent point - holding the time at which the animation / element was hidden would add non-trivial complexity to the animation timing model.

I must admit I'm still not entirely clear as to why having the real current time when style is explicitly flushed or requested is problematic. Even if this required us to fire animation events they would be entirely predictable.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by flackr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5611#issuecomment-726431643 using your GitHub account