Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-counter-styles] The entire rule being invalid vs. not defining a counter style when name/descriptors are wrong (#5717)

From: andruud via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 09:13:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'd interpret "invalid" in "or else the @counter-style rule is invalid" to mean "does not define a counter style", but I suppose it could be interpreted both ways. In general it would be nice to have a clearer distinction between "invalid at parse-time" and "invalid at @-rule interpretation-time". There are other @-rule-defining specs that have the same problem as well.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by andruud
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5717#issuecomment-725948862 using your GitHub account