Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox] Should definite cross size be used to compute flex item's transferred size suggestion? (#5663)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 00:56:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Okay, <https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/commit/0c1a35dd5d938c9d6e5d11cd144f5f45c4460d4a> fixes up the terminology to hopefully make this clearer; at the time we wrote the min-auto section of the spec, we didn't have terminology like "preferred size" defined, so we had to refer directly to the properties; I recall us finding that awkward but not having a better option at the time.

Is it clear that if one of the preferred sizes for a box is definite, the rest are too, so long as they're calculated by fixed values? Like if the outer size is definite, and margin/border/padding are all definite values, that the inner size will be definite as well?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5663#issuecomment-721453016 using your GitHub account