Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-conditional] Should CSS.supports() accept !important in the 2nd argument? (#5692)

From: Quentin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 23:55:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I personally think it should be as it is in Firefox /  Chromium. Meaning:

```
CSS.supports("background: green !important"); // true
CSS.supports("background", "green !important"); // false
```

It's similar to function overloading. As the arguments are different.

At `CSS.supports(conditionText)` the `!important` is seen as part of the condition and the whole term is evaluated as condition.

At `CSS.supports(property, value)` the `!important` has no real affiliation to neither of the two arguements. As in this case the two arguments are parsed separately and the value  **_parses according to that property’s grammar_**.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Awesomecloud
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5692#issuecomment-721436078 using your GitHub account