Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-conditional] Should CSS.supports() accept !important in the 2nd argument? (#5692)

From: Ilya Streltsyn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 23:52:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm not sure that these cases should necessarily be consistent in regard to the `!important` flag. Since the difference between two cases essentially boils down to the difference between CSS declaration and CSS value, and, per [css-syntax-3], only parsing the CSS declaration has an extra step of removing the `!important` part from the parsed value ([step 5](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-syntax/#consume-a-declaration)), I'd consider different results of adding `!important` in these two cases quite expected.

Also basing on the CSS Syntax logic, I believe that the behavior of Firefox and Chromium is correct, and WebKit has a bug.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SelenIT
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5692#issuecomment-721435403 using your GitHub account