Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Behavior of MouseEvent.offsetX/Y with inline elements is inconsistent across browsers (#5659)

From: Noam Rosenthal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 18:22:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The workaround, using `event.clientX - getBoundingClientRect().left` or other JS measurements synchronously in Javascript, is what can potentially cause layout thrashing, and in general `getBoundingClientRect()` is a slow function that I've seen in several web-performance gigs.

I don't know about libraries that sniff for Firefox and use `offsetX` as is, and my research haven't found any.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by noamr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5659#issuecomment-721298936 using your GitHub account