Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Behavior of MouseEvent.offsetX/Y with inline elements is inconsistent across browsers (#5659)

From: Chris Harrelson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 18:17:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

I see. You mentioned elsewhere (e.g. [here](https://discourse.wicg.io/t/mouseevent-hitclientrect-as-alternative-to-non-interoperable-mouseevent-offsetx/4979)) that this is a common source of layout thrashing. If it isn't common libraries, is it that many sites apply workarounds? Would any of the common workarounds you've seen break if all browsers moved to the currently-specified behavior? If so, do those workarounds use UA sniffing to not do it in Firefox?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chrishtr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5659#issuecomment-721296645 using your GitHub account