Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] has-child selector (#4903)

From: Rune Lillesveen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:15:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, div:has-child(div:has-child(img)) is essentially a different syntax for a variant of :has, so my assumption would be that :has-child() only takes a compound or compound list, not allowing nested has-child() or any other simple selectors which can contain combinators *sigh*, and as previously mentioned only in the rightmost compound.

In Blink, the invalidation for nth-* selectors is similar to what we would do here. Mark an element if it either matched or failed to match a :has-child() selector, and when any of its children mutates and the flag is set, mark that parent for style recalc.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by lilles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4903#issuecomment-604967806 using your GitHub account