Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-media-queries-5] add clarification on applied order for multiple preferences (#4895)

From: Thomas Gossmann via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 21:51:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tabatkins there were some question by me:

- I am interested in how @media (prefers-contrast) and @media (prefers-color-scheme) work together? Is there a preferred "hierarchy"? Does color-scheme come first and contrast second (if both are present)?

- I'm thinking from the opposite side (creation) now. A theme. I might give this theme a color scheme (light/dark) and inside a scheme can have high and low contrast. Thinking the other way around: Can I have a different high and low contrast but independent of a color scheme? Can I define contrast and color scheme independently, so the cascade can do its job? I can't think of a way to write css like that - maybe there is a really cool css feature I don't know to do so. Apart from that I would give my own question a no

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gossi
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4895#issuecomment-602875717 using your GitHub account