Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-backgrounds] 'border' shorthand resets 'border-image' but can't set it (#2108)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:42:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS Working Group just discussed `[css-backgrounds] 'border' shorthand resets 'border-image' but can't set it`, and agreed to the following:

* `RESOLVED: Close as won't fix for lack of ideas on how to properly fix it. If someone comes up with a workable idea we can re-open`

&lt;dael> Topic: [css-backgrounds] 'border' shorthand resets 'border-image' but can't set it<br>
&lt;dael> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2108<br>
&lt;dael> fantasai: I don't have any idea what we can do about this other then going back in time to change. I think there's logic behind behavior and we dont change it now<br>
&lt;dael> TabAtkins: Agree. Change would make shorthand unusable. I think it's won't fix<br>
&lt;dael> astearns: I don't think not usable, but not useful addition to the shorthand<br>
&lt;dael> astearns: Prop: Close as won't fix for lack of ideas on how to properly fix it. If someone comes up with a workable idea we can re-open<br>
&lt;dael> astearns: Concerns about closing won't fix?<br>
&lt;dael> RESOLVED: Close as won't fix for lack of ideas on how to properly fix it. If someone comes up with a workable idea we can re-open<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2108#issuecomment-600739174 using your GitHub account