[csswg-drafts] [css-display-3] Clarify the term "contiguous sequence of sibling text nodes" (#4860)

From: Ilya Streltsyn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 14:27:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
SelenIT has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-display-3] Clarify the term "contiguous sequence of sibling text nodes" ==
In the [introduction section](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display/#intro) of [css-display-3], the "text run" concept is introduced in the following paragraph:
> ...each _contiguous sequence of sibling text nodes_ generates a _text run_ containing their text contents, which is assigned the same styles as the generating text nodes.

As far as I understand, several contiguous sibling text nodes in the same element can occur only as a result of DOM operations like `appendChild()`. But what about sibling text nodes separated only by the HTML comment node? Technically, they hardly can be called "a _contiguous_ sequence", but the intent of the "text run" concept seems to suggest that they should form a single text run rather than two separate ones. Doesn't this need clarifying?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4860 using your GitHub account