Re: [csswg-drafts] CSS2 next edition naming (#4847)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 20:49:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@SelenIT Trying to figure out how to update CSS2 has been a bit of a mess, due to restrictions in the W3C Process. So at one point we had published an FPWD of 2.2 with the intention of driving it through the whole FPWD->WD->CR->REC process. But it makes more sense to amend CSS2.1 in place as a REC (and Process 2020 will make this a lot easier). So I'm with @gsnedders for all the reasons he mentioned, and also because it's no longer a new shortname, it's just updating CSS2 in place.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4847#issuecomment-597307271 using your GitHub account