Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Clarification about `target` and `pseudoElement` relationship (#4745)

From: Robert Flack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 18:22:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

The context in which [querySelector](https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-parentnode-queryselector) runs [scope-match a selectors string](https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#scope-match-a-selectors-string) which uses the [parse a selector](https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#parse-a-selector) from selectors-4 which states that [an unsupported psuedo-element selector is treated as invalid](https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#invalid-selector) throws an exception as a result of the invalid selector. It seems odd to me that we wouldn't have consistent pseudo element parsing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by flackr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4745#issuecomment-597239938 using your GitHub account