Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align-3][css-tables] vertical-align in orthogonal table cells (#4033)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 22:54:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> vertical-align: baseline is interesting. There is no "row baseline", what does baseline alignment means here?

On an orthogonal cell, it means the cell doesn't participate in baseline alignment across cells in the same row, but it could participate in alignment across cells in the same column. I don't know how awful that would be implementation-wise given the state of table algorithms, but it's how things are defined for grids IIRC. :)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4033#issuecomment-595998920 using your GitHub account