Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-animations-2] Specify the interaction between API methods and animation-* properties (#4822)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 01:42:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> The point I was wondering about was whether we drop point 4 altogether or simply the condition from point 4.

As I understand, your comment that "it should probably be sticky", would mean we should _not_ drop point 4 altogether. Either we should keep it, or we should modify it so that it is unconditional.

I'm a little averse to making it unconditional since I can imagine people wanting to `reverse()` an animation while still keeping it responsive to `animation-play-state`. That would suggest sticking with the original proposal.

(And I forgot to include in the original proposal that replacing `animation.effect` altogether means that all changes to `animation-*` properties other than `animation-name` and `animation-play-state`, and all changes to `@keyframes` rules other than dropping the last matching `@keyframes` rule,  would be ignored.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4822#issuecomment-594983208 using your GitHub account