Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-animations-2] Specify the interaction between API methods and animation-* properties (#4822)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 01:08:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ok, let me check I understand.

The original proposal is:
1. Calling `setKeyframes()` means that any subsequent changes to `@keyframes` will be ignored.
2. Calling `updateTiming()` means that any subsequent changes to the _set_ properties will be ignored. (i.e. calling `updateTiming({ duration: 1000 })` means subsequent changes to `animation-duration` will be ignored, but changes to `animation-delay` will still be reflected).
3. Calling `play()` or `pause()` means that any subsequent changes to `animation-play-state` will be ignored.
4. Calling `reverse()` or setting the `startTime` means that any subsequent changes to `animation-play-state` will be ignored, _but only if the call to `reverse()` or `startTime` resulted in the animation transitioning to or from the 'paused' play state_.

The point I was wondering about was whether we drop the condition from point 4. i.e. point 4 becomes simply:

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4822#issuecomment-594974479 using your GitHub account