Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-animations-2] Specify the interaction between API methods and animation-* properties (#4822)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 00:31:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Basing stickiness on whether a web-animation API call changes the play state makes sense. This change would also address reverse from a paused state, or playbackRate in an onfinish handler.

Currently what I have in mind (and what I am implementing in Firefox) is that for `startTime` and `reverse()`, we simply detect a change between paused and any state that is not paused. For `play()` and `pause()` they always unconditionally trigger the "play state is being overridden by API" behavior.

That is, setting the `startTime` such that an animation goes from `finished` to `running` would _not_ trigger the "play state is being overridden by API" behavior.

What do you think?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4822#issuecomment-594242816 using your GitHub account