Re: [csswg-drafts] [filter-effects] feComposite (Porter-Duff) operator values do not match those defined in the referenced [compositing-1] spec (#5267)

From: Marc J. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 13:33:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There are two concerns for me:

* both `source-in` and `destination-in` operations are well-defined, with both having a source and a destination, and I agree that you can switch between them by switching the `in` and `in2` attribute values. However, the term `in` in the operators list is ambiguous and could be either operation. Your comment makes it "by default" equal to `source-in` (as you want the operation to be `source-in` with src as the source and dst as the dest), but that is not, afaict, specified.
* Given this lack of precision, the logical thing would be to align the `operator` attribute of `<feComposite>` with the `<composite-mode>` values of the `globalCompositeOperation` attribute of the canvas2d context, to get a harmonized set of possibilities (I would also be fine with the precision of the first point only but that would sounds like a more long-term approach imo (to make html5 and svg closer)).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mclegrand
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5267#issuecomment-650561898 using your GitHub account