Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shapes] Allow shape-outside to apply to initial letter (#885)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 01:13:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> The first paragraph talks about in bounds and the second paragraph talks about glyph shapes.

@astearns I can't figure out which paragraph you're referring to, can you quote it?

@anjia The current draft has the behavior you outline in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/885#issuecomment-397826202 except for two things:

- There's no `non-first` value for `initial-letter-wrap` since nobody has asked for it yet. :) (That should be a separate issue if you think it's needed.)
- If `shape-outside` is `none`, we use the glyph outline; no need to specify anything special for `shape-outside` to get `initial-letter-wrap` to this very common effect.

I think that should solve it for this issue. Let me know if there's anything that remains incomplete?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/885#issuecomment-643010794 using your GitHub account