Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-5] When mixing hue, there are two ways round the hue range (#4735)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:54:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm thinking of adding an interpolation section describing how colors interpolate, optional interpolation parameters if the context supports them, and other things like e.g. does gamut mapping happen before or after interpolation?

I agree it makes sense to split this out into another sections, so it can then be referenced both in Color 5 and also outside it.

I suggest gamut mapping should happen before interpolation. This is because we wish to avoid multiple mapping stages, so it should happen as late as possible and ideally, once.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4735#issuecomment-639759659 using your GitHub account