Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] image-orientation:none violates same-origin policy (#5165)

From: Cameron McCormack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 06:14:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If we do have to prevent `image-orientation` from working on images that came from opaque responses, it would be nice if we could unconditionally apply the orientation (and I guess pretend from the whatwg/html#5603 APIs that there was no orientation metadata), so that we can try to treat orientation as implementation detail of the image file representation.  But that would make it tricky for authors wanting to use `image-orientation: none` to turn off the new re-orientation effects for their pages that rely on it not being applied.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by heycam
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5165#issuecomment-639281194 using your GitHub account