[csswg-drafts] [css-images] Images on the web (#5173)

From: Anne van Kesteren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 06:08:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
annevk has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-images] Images on the web ==
I think it's problematic that both CSS and HTML attempt to define images for the web.

We need a central place that is responsible for decoding a byte sequence/stream (and dealing with EXIF) into an abstract representation of an image, that can then be used for various purposes. If we define this in different places in conflicting ways, the differences can lead to security issues.

See also https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4929 and https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5165.

cc @domenic

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5173 using your GitHub account