Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] Syntax suggestion (#4748)

From: Michael C. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 21:58:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'll be completely honest here—I don't fully understand everything going on here. ¯\\\_(ツ)_/¯ I build _with_ CSS; I don't build CSS. ;)

So all I can say is that I have a strong gut feeling that implementing native CSS nesting in a way that breaks the compatibility that SCSS currently has with pure CSS is a bad move. Yes, I know the onus is not on CSS to retain that compatibility. Regardless, I feel like intentionally breaking it (or allowing it to break) when there are other ways to implement things will actively disrupt a large portion of the web.

I presume that for whatever reason, implementing native CSS nesting in the exact same way that SCSS already does it has been ruled out?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by proimage
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4748#issuecomment-747066003 using your GitHub account