Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-adjust] It's a bit unfortunate that user stylesheets can't specify arbitrary colors. (#5779)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 17:52:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS Working Group just discussed `[css-color-adjust] It's a bit unfortunate that user stylesheets can't specify arbitrary colors.`, and agreed to the following:

* `RESOLVED: Close no change`

&lt;dael> Topic: [css-color-adjust] It's a bit unfortunate that user stylesheets can't specify arbitrary colors.<br>
&lt;dael> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5779<br>
&lt;dael> emilio: I don't htink it's huge. Came up when reviewing changes to forced colors. It's a bit unfortunate user colors stop working<br>
&lt;dael> emilio: I don't have a super great use case for user stylesheets spec arbitrary colors. I don't think it's huge but wanted to raise b/c it's weird.<br>
&lt;Rossen_> q?<br>
&lt;dael> fremy: I think we did consider it. You can spec any color and say forced color adjust none<br>
&lt;dael> emilio: Yeah<br>
&lt;dael> fremy: You want to do it anyway to disable backplate. You can say antying in stylesheet.<br>
&lt;fantasai> or stick to the forced colors palette<br>
&lt;dael> emilio: Would need to disable for everything but yeah. It's a different behavior. not a huge issue. Can disable forced-colors all together or change system colors to match what you want<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: Doesn't sound like there's anything ot resolve<br>
&lt;dael> emilio: Resolve no change<br>
&lt;dael> Rossen_: Objections:<br>
&lt;dael> RESOLVED: Close no change<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5779#issuecomment-746723932 using your GitHub account