Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations] Could commitStyles always write the end state of the animation? (#5394)

From: Jake Archibald via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 04:53:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
My understanding was that `commitStyles` was created as an alternative to fill-forwards, with fewer gotchas. But in practice, `finish` happens too late to commit the styles, so you still need to use fill-forwards to persist them, then cancel the animation to avoid the gotchas of fill-forwards.

Adding a flag to `commitStyles` just to make its primary use-case work seems wrong, but maybe I'm wrong about the primary use-case.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jakearchibald
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5394#issuecomment-681452270 using your GitHub account